Friday 12 April 2013

Working with Children my projection


         

During the Junior Achievement of Nigeria art exhibition, 2006 edition, the kids I prepared won the art competition, came 1st and 2nd runner up, even in poetry contest. My projection is that every child that passes through my tutelage would be able to stand tall anywhere in the world, because I believe in my product; they represent excellence anywhere they go. Working with kids has also giving me the privilege of breaking into the media house. Early this year, we were invited to VON (Voice of Nigeria) on art platform. There I was interviewed alongside my art kids who did a practical and critical analysis of their various visual expressions. My art pupils are taught on various artistic medium of expressions, this is to ensure they can diversified their arts, from collage to mixed media paintings, crafts, paintings, drawing and exploration of materials.       
In attempt to project kids to the world of possibilities, I have been able to package their works for sales. One of them is Ayomikun Omoyiola, a ten year old female stunning and amazing kid whose passion is much more into visual arts. I was able to secure an appointment with art gallery in Lagos, Quintessence art gallery at Falomo, Ikoyi. They have decided to help market her arts. Apart from this, individuals have also approached us
on the sales of my kids work. This is one out of the numerous opportunities that avail the diligent ones among them.
Exposure is key in developing the arts my kids produces. That is the more reason why I usually take them out to on educational visits to art galleries, museums, studios, show, seminars and art exhibition, where they will be able to meet great artists of international repute. More so, to be able to see prospect that visual arts has for those who want to pursue life career in that line. I have also been able to showcase my kids’ artworks to millions of people across the globe by using my Facebook wall as a canvas through which the world can celebrate these geniuses. This has generated lots of comments, encouragement and encomiums on their art produce. My kids now have friends all over the world, India, Hong KONG, Britain, United States of America among many others to mention but a few. 
My kids can work in mixed media painting, collage, printmaking, sculpture and textile design. Their thematic representation bothers on love, family, culture, environment, religion and beauty of nature.
My vision transcend cultural barrier, as I aspire to work with charitable organizations and the international communities like United Nation (UN) UNICEF, WHO among many others to mention but a few. This is to use creative arts as a veritable tool for societal transformation, child’s development and youth’s empowerment. I believe in a future where everyone has a role to play in the national development, both in the socio-political and cultural contribution for a sustainable economic growth.
On a closing note, children are like arrow, if you can stretch them, and take a shoot into the future, they will not miss their target. Children love art because it's fun and provides them with authentic self-expression: the freedom of choice, thought and feeling. According to Wassily Kandinsky, an art historian in the modern art says ‘There is no must in art because art is free’ Anna Reyner says it all ‘Art is Communication ~ Art is Self Expression ~ Art is Creative Energy ~ Art is seeing



No comments:

Post a Comment